Comment on page
Types of Pastel installations
There are three different types of Pastel nodes in Pastel Network.
A Core Node is a full node that fully validates transactions and blocks on the Pastel Network. Core Nodes help the network by accepting transactions and blocks from other full nodes, validating those transactions and blocks, and then relaying them to further full nodes.
Core Nodes also support the following functionality:
- Wallet Management
- Send/Receive PSL
- PastelID Management
- End-User Facing PSL Ticket Functionality
WalletNode is a full node with a storage layer client of the Pastel Network. WalletNode provides users with intermediate access to the Pastel Network allowing users to:
- Register NFTs
- Search for NFTs
- Participate in Messaging
- Handle Open API Action Requests
SuperNode is a full node that acts as the storage and action execution layer of the Pastel Network. Think of SuperNodes as the "servers" to the WalletNode "clients", providing:
- Permanent storage for network and external NFT data via Cascade
- Performing near-duplicate NFT detection via Sense
- General NFT Functionality:
- Validate and Register new NFTs
- Perform housekeeping tasks on various NFT files
- Manage takedown requests
- Provide governance via voting
5,000,000 PSL of self-staked collateral is required to run a SuperNode (1,000,000 LSP on Testnet). In return for providing processing power and storage to the network, SuperNodes earn block rewards and transaction fees.